Commonwealth Senior Living at Hampton
Do you have a sincere passion for working with seniors and a love of keeping them healthy? Our Assistant Resident Care Directors (ARCD) do too! The ARCD cares for our residents in a number of ways in our communities under the direction of the Resident Care Director. The main objective of this position is to administer and document medication and treatments per the physician's order and accurately record all care provided to the residents. You would also provide direct nursing care and clinical supervision of nursing assistants working with residents. You play a critical role in scheduling the team! Team members must possess a big heart and a spirit to serve while you monitor the residents' comfort and respond to their physical and emotional needs.
This role can grow into leadership opportunities at our communities and a long-term career in the senior living industry. Team members can pursue a higher nursing degree and Commonwealth Senior Living will assist with paying for education and providing training! Career growth into the Resident Care Director role is possible. Our company even boasts several Executive Directors that were ARCDs earlier in their careers!
- Administer and document medication and treatments per the physician's order and accurately record all care provided to the residents.
- Provide direct nursing care and provide clinical supervision of nursing assistants working with residents.
- Contributes to continuity of care and effective communication by reporting care provided and changes in the resident's condition to the Resident Care Director immediately. May participate in routine activities of resident's care activities, including daily living and basic nursing procedures.
- Assisting residents with lifts, moves and transports, using proper body mechanics or lifting devices for accident prevention.
- Responds to inquiries relating to requests from residents, visitors and other personnel promptly and courteously within given time frames and established policy.
- Is knowledgeable of the individualized care plan for residents, and provides support to the residents according to their care plan. Contributes to the care planning process by providing the charge nurse or other care planning staff with specific information and observations of the residents' needs and preferences.
- Communicates and interacts effectively and tactfully with the residents, visitors, families, peers and supervisors promoting a homelike environment.
- Fully understands all aspects of residents' rights, including the right to be free of restraints and free of abuse. Is responsible for promptly reporting to the charge nurse or administrative staff incidents or evidence of resident abuse or violation of residents' rights.
- Performs all job responsibilities in accordance with prescribed safety and infection control procedures, including thorough hand washing, use of disposable gloves where indicated and proper disposal of soiled materials. Also providing care that maintains each resident's skin integrity to prevent pressure ulcers, skin tears and other damage by changing incontinent residents, turning, repositioning immobile residents and by applying moisturizers to fragile skin and other areas.
- Performs various tasks assigned by the charge nurse, including checking vital signs, weighing residents, applying creams/ointments and collecting specimens.
- Takes the lead on staff scheduling, manages requests for time off, tracks overtime and staffing requirements based on community needs
- Other duties as assigned
- Must possess your Virginia State LPN or RN certification.
- Prior assisted living experience would be ideal!
- 2-3 years of supervisory/managerial experience.
- Caring about people.
- Drive for doing the right thing and seeing things through to the end.
- Passionate about a job well done, having fun, and celebrating success.
- Confident to speak up.
- Great listener.
- Takes ownership and adds value – seeks to improve something every single day!
- Consistently exhibits respect in all interactions.
- Ability and desire to provide exceptional customer service.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
Share On :