University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System
Clinical Nursing Consultant II (Clinical Nurse Specialist) - Mother/Baby, Labor & Delivery, & OBER/APSD (Job ID #90096)
The University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System is looking to fill a position of Clinical Nursing Consultant II (Clinical Nurse Specialist).
The Clinical Nursing Consultant II is accountable for facilitating the delivery of patient care utilizing the Nursing Process and Relationship-Based Care model as the framework. The Clinical Nurse Consultant II provides patient care and consultation, coordinates the educational development of staff members and acts as a role model in clinical practice. The CNCII strives to improve patient outcomes by integrating Shared Leadership, Evidence Based Practice Relationship Based Care and standards of nursing excellence into clinical practice. Through therapeutic relationships with patients, families, self and colleagues, the Clinical Nurse Consultant II participates in monitoring, developing, and evaluating nursing practice while fulfilling unit and organizational goals.
- Current RN license from State of IL required.
- Minimum Three (3) years of related Obstetrics nursing experience required.
- BLS, NRP, and Basis EFM training, and intermediate/advanced fetal monitoring required.
- ACLS must be achieved within 3 months of hire.
- Level 3 high risk obstetrical experience highly preferred.
- Masters in Nursing with a concentration in Women’s Health and/or Maternal/Child preferred.
- National Certification for Clinical Nurse Specialist, APN certification in Women & Children’s health or a Certified Nurse Midwife preferred.
- Effective communication skills (oral and written) that facilitate therapeutic relationships between patients, families and health care providers.
- Intermediate computer skills with the ability to become proficient in Cerner and/or EPIC with on-the-job training.
- Excellent attendance, interpersonal skills and work history.
The University of Illinois offers competitive benefit packages, including: vacation days, paid holidays, Floating Holidays, State University Retirement System, tuition waiver, tuition discount for dependents, and excellent medical, dental, and vision packages.
For fullest consideration, please submit a complete application and supplemental resume to the link below:
The University of Illinois at Chicago is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The University of Illinois may conduct background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :