Friend Family Health Center
Friend Family Health Center has an opportunity for a highly motivated and talented OB/GYN Nurse Practitioner to join their expanding team. They are looking for OB/GYN Nurse Practitioners interested in working closely with patients, care teams and community partners to provide comprehensive and compassionate health care to the Chicago community. Consider a rewarding career that offers not only a competitive compensation and benefits package, but also an opportunity to provide high-quality family health services in a community setting in the South and Southwest sides of Chicago.
Friend Family Health Center has been serving the needs of the Chicagoland community for over 80 years. Today, Friend Family Health Center provides comprehensive primary and behavioral health care services to over 40,000 patients annually through 7 care sites with additional expansion in 2018. They are proud to be recognized as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) by the National Committee for Quality Assurance, a designation that demonstrates their commitment to improving the quality, effectiveness, and efficiency of healthcare delivery.
OMNI has been retained by Friend Family Health Center to assist in identifying candidates for this amazing OB/GYN Nurse Practitioner opportunity.Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide comprehensive primary care to a select population of essentially healthy women and their babies in a variety of settings to include prenatal care, intrapartum management, postpartum care, immediate newborn care, and well-woman visits.
- Participate in the care of women with medical complications in collaboration with Obstetricians-Gynecologists.
- Manage the care of normal antepartum women to include teaching, counseling and support.
- Collect, document, and evaluate patient data. Take health history and perform and record the obstetrical physical evaluation.
- Assess patient needs and formulate and implement a plan of care for each patient consistent with established guidelines.
- Operate support, consultation or collaborative management for those patients and families experiencing critical illness and/or potential death.
- Manage labor, including teaching and support.
- Perform the following: start intravenous infusions; administer analgesia according to standing orders; manage and control normal spontaneous deliveries; record the labor and delivery.
- Perform and record physical evaluation of newborns.
- Manage the care of normal newborn including nutrition, elimination and activity.
- Maintain all required patient records and reports pertinent information.
- Prepare and submit all reports and statistics in a timely manner.
- Initiates referrals based on client and family need.
- Provide on call and hospital coverage of patient care (ie rounds, deliveries, etc.) when deemed necessary by specialty.
- Keep current in nursing practice within the nurse Midwife specialty in accordance with the criteria of the American College of Nurse-Midwives.
Qualifications and Skills
Master's degree in Nursing and Midwifery Certificate from ACNM accredited program
Current RN and APN license in the State of Illinois
CPR Certification and NRP (Neonatal Resuscitation) Certification
Friend Family Health Center offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including: Health, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, CME Reimbursement, Professional Liability, among others.
Please contact Anna Robinson at email@example.com or 913-653-8089 for more information.
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :