Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
The RN provides professional nursing services guided by the Transformation Model for the Professional Practice of Nursing. Accepts responsibility for the direction of co-workers in the implementation of the nursing care plan to maximize patient outcomes. A brief summary of the major duties and responsibilities of the Caregiver.
- Empowered to coordinate clinical patient activities in the absence of Department Manager or Assistant Department Manager.
- Participates in shared decision making.
- Care Delivery System-
- Assesses patient condition and initiates appropriate nursing and/or medical care in accordance with established guidelines and evidence-based practice.
- Develops and updates an individualized, plan of care based on the assessment of the patient in congruence with the medical diagnosis and treatment plan. Collaborates with patient and their available resources.
- Implements purposeful plan of care, reflecting the uniqueness of each patient.
- Evaluates patient outcomes and response to care, revising plan as needed. Documents assessment, plan, all care given and patient response in the patient record.
- Educates patient/family according to assessed need using mutual participation model.
- Participate in the planning, implementation and evaluation of quality improvement activities within department, health system and/or community.
- Performs nursing activities in accordance with Hospital policies and procedures, Michigan Public Health Code and ANA Scope & Standards of Practice.
- Demonstrates knowledge and use of unit-specific equipment and appropriate supplies used to deliver the highest quality patient care.
- Provides a safe environment for patient, family, and all other caregivers.
- Professional Growth-
- Supports the development of self and other Associates and students through mentoring, preceptorship and peer review.
- Accountable for professional development.
- Utilizes current evidence and research in practice.
- Collaborative Practice-
- Communicates appropriate significant information and changes in patient’s condition to members of the health care team.
- Develops and maintains a professional relationship with members of the health care team, the patient and the patient's family.
- Delegates, directs and supervises implementation of care plan to LPN, PCT, or other health care workers.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
||License / Certification: • Current Michigan license as a Registered Nurse • Basic Life Support from the American Heart Association • ACLS, TNCC, and ENPC/Pals required required with in 6 months of Hire
||Experience: • Clinical knowledge and critical thinking skills necessary to deliver quality patient care.
||Education: • Associate degree in Nursing from an accredited college or university • BSN Preferred
|Specialized Knowledge and Skills
||Skills & Abilities: • Interpersonal skills for effective communication. • Computer literate
Sparrow's Emergency Department is a level one trauma center as well as being a center of excellence for bariatric, stroke and cardiac care. The ER has 4 trauma rooms as well as 62 private patient rooms: 48 adult and 14 pediatric. These rooms are utilized for the treatment of all kinds of injuries and conditions including: major trauma, neuro, cardiac, pediatrics and high risk OB. The department utilizes a 5 level triage system and advanced nursing guidelines to help expedite patient care. The ER also has on site ER case management RN’s, SANE (sexual assault nurse examiner) RN's and ground Critical Care Transport team. Recently re-designated as a Magnet hospital for nursing excellence, Sparrow's ER is committed to providing quality care to every patient, every time.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.