Sparrow Health System
Full time, 12 hour shifts. Chemo certification and oncology experience is required.
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Responsible for providing professional nursing services and intravenous chemotherapy and non-chemotherapy infusions to the patients in the Intraveneos Specialty Infusion Center. The Registered nurse assesses, plans, implements, and
evaluates individual patient care in conjunction with and under the supervision of the physician according to policies, procedures and standards of care.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Associates may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Provide direct patient care under established protocols and under the supervision and direction of a physician.
- Assist physician (s) during procedure. Monitor patients per protocol
- Initiate appropriate nursing care and assist with medical care. Administer chemotherapy via appropriate routes.
- Obtain venous access via peripheral vein, tunneled catheter, and/or implanted port.
- Provide patient and family teaching related to GYN Oncology procedures, surgeries, chemotherapy treatment, lab and diagnostic procedures and symptom management.
- Document patient care according to policy. Schedule appropriate lab/diagnostic procedures.
- Maintain appropriate and accurate written record of patient interactions, including telephone messages.
- Share relevant information concerning the patient's condition with physician, manager and other medical staff, as appropriate and indicated to ensure continuity of care.
- Coordinate care with the individual patient, family and other health care providers as necessary.
- Communicate with physicians and assist with follow-up on abnormal laboratory and diagnostic test results.
- Interact with pharmacists to order prescriptions. Maintain equipment, supplies and environmental safety.
- Maintain professional and practice standards by participating in in-services, staff meetings and educational opportunities including committee involvement.
- Assist in developing and implementing quality control and practice policies
- Assist with special projects as required by practice. Perfom other duties as assigned.
|General Requirements||* Current State of Michigan licensure as a registered nurse. * Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification. * Chemotherapy / Biotherapy Provider Card required * ONS certification PREFERRED|
|Work Experience||* 2 years of Oncology experience in either an inpatient or outpatient setting. * Previous outpatient infusion center experience Preferred.|
|Education||* Degree from an accredited school of Nursing. * Ongoing continuing education directly related to the field of oncology. * Participation in and completion of basic oncology nursing course. * Bachelor's Degree Preferred.|
|Specialized Knowledge and Skills||* Strong IV Skills * Clinical knowledge and analytical abilities necessary to formulate effective nursing care plans related to the field of Hematology/Oncology. * Demonstrates positive team attitude and has interpersonal skills to effectively and appropriately communicate with clients, their families, physicians and other co-workers. * Develops plan of care and includes age-specific needs, physical and safety needs as well as psychological and educational needs. Possesses the leadership skills needed to take charge of a situation when necessary, and takes the initiative and independence to follow through. * Requires visual and auditory acuity necessary to monitor a patient's condition and to operate office equipment|
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.JOB REQUIREMENTS: <img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=https://sparrowhealthsystem.contacthr.com/77468222.jpg /> To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: https://sparrowhealthsystem.contacthr.com/77468222
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :