Sparrow Health System
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
To coordinate and facilitate Clinical Trials activities for the Cancer Center and its Principal Investigators. Provides nursing care in accordance with physicians' orders and applicable policies and procedures. Performs related work as required.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Associates may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Screens potential patients for protocol eligibility. Presents trial concepts and details to the patients, participates in the informed consent process, and enrolls patients on protocol. Manage assigned protocols and activities.
- Knows the EPIC EMR system to coordinate patient care in compliance with protocol requirements.
- May disburse investigational drug and provide patient teaching regarding administration. Maintains investigational drug accountability.
- In collaboration with the physician, reviews patients for changes in condition, nursing assessments of adverse events in patients, concomitant medication use, protocol compliance, response to study drug, and thoroughly documents all findings in EPIC.
- Research and prepare chemotherapy orders in BEACON for treatments for physician signature. Familiar with beacon orders.
- Responsible for accurate and timely data collection, documentation, entry, and reporting. Schedules and participates in monitoring and auditing activities.
- Maintains regulatory documents in accordance with SOP and applicable regulations. - Participates in required training and education programs.
- May oversee the preparation of orders by physicians to assure that protocol compliance is maintained.
- Communicates with physician regarding study requirements, need for dose modification, and adverse event reporting.
- Provides a safe environment for patients, families, and clinical staff at all times through compliance with all federal, state, and professional regulatory standards as issued through OSHA.
- Maintains strict patient confidentiality according to HIPAA regulations and applicable law.
- Managing all disease groups and cancer diagnoses
|General Requirements||REQUIRED: * Current Michigan license to practice as a Registered Nurse. * BLS or ACLS certification within 60 days of hire. * Chemotherapy/Biotherapy Provider card required within 90 days of hire. * SoCRA or ACRP certification within 1 year of hire.|
|Work Experience||REQUIRED: * Clinical knowledge and critical thinking skills necessary to deliver quality patient care. * Minimum 2 years of Clinical Oncology experience and/or Research experience. * Experience with oncology patient care including follow up of patient's chemo orders, tests, releasing chemotherapy, Lab tests and ECG reports to ensure compliance with protocols. PREFERRED: * 2 years of RN experience. * Experience as a Clinic or office nurse in oncology practice.|
|Education||REQUIRED: * Graduate from an accredited program for Nursing. * BSN|
|Specialized Knowledge and Skills||REQUIRED: * Proficient with EPIC and BEACON EMR system. * Knowledge of medical terminology, nursing assessment, anatomy and physiology, clinical medicine, diagnostic tests, radiology, pathology, pharmacology, hematology, oncology, and clinical trials. * Experience with computer data entry and database management * Excellence written and oral communication skills * Excellent organizational skills * Attention to details and accuracy * Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, such as: protocols, informed consent documents and regulatory documents. * Ability to work independently, organize, prioritize, and follow through with results * Ability to solve practical problems and implement solutions * Ability to conceptualize GCP concepts * Attend audits offsite and on site with monitors. * Ability to adhere to Declaration of Helsinki and Good Clinical Practice (GCP) principles * Familiarity with oncology medications and pharmaceutical approach * Ability to work within many software programs|
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.JOB REQUIREMENTS: <img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=https://sparrowhealthsystem.contacthr.com/116980596.jpg /> To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: https://sparrowhealthsystem.contacthr.com/116980596
Education Required:2 Year Degree - AA
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :