The school nurse is a health services specialist who assists pupils in attaining and /or maintaining optimum health and promotes good health habits and attitudes.
- Review immunization records for school age children
- Assist with Medical/Dental Screenings
- Prepare and file state reports as required by law
- Conduct audiometric screenings
- Conduct scoliosis screenings
- Conduct vision screenings
- Conduct Height and Weight Screenings
- Provide other optional screenings as needed, ex. Blood Pressure, Lice
- Maintain student health records
- Administer medication and/or treatment when necessary for pupils to attend school
- Provide first aid and emergency care to all school age children
- Provide the following services as promulgated by individual State Law/Regulation:
- Notify parent/guardian if a screening defect is found upon screening and recommend appropriate follow-up
- Observe and recommend to principal, exclusion of students who show evidence of communicable diseases and/or whose immunization records are not received from parent/guardian after numerous attempts.
- Submit monthly report of health services and screenings performed to Catapult Learning Regional Director
- Other duties may be assigned
Requirements for hire include a valid RN license, as required by contract. Pediatric experience is desirable, but not necessary. RN license and a Basic Life Support CPR - Professional Rescuer or Healthcare Provider card, as required by contract.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Light lifting, walking, climbing stairs. Most programs are in school settings.
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :